Displaying Additional Field in List view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Displaying Additional Field in List view

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Hi, I want to display an Additional Field in the List View option so that people can register for events faster and not have to click into each event page to find the URL or Eventbrite Button. I like how the Cost field displays in the Upper right of the List View and in a nice box. Would it be possible to get the Additional Field “Register” which is a URL field to display where the Cost field displays instead and have it be a button that grabs the URL and people can then immediately jump to the Registration page for that event without having to click “Find out More”. I am sure this would take some changes to the PHP template and then maybe some CSS but if you could provide at least some initial guidance on how to do this that would be great. I want to make sure the field not only Displays in the List View but also is a clickable hyperlink to the URL specified in the Event entry in the WordPress CMS.

Kevin
    Participant

Additionally, I realize it would also be great to get this Additional Field to display where the Cost field displays in the actual Event page itself too. Basically, we want the Additional Field “Register” to display as a Hyperlink where the Cost field displays. I assume this means changing the PHP templates to reflect grabbing the additional field wherever the Cost field is grabbed but could use your guidance before starting to go into the PHP.

Casey
    Participant

sfbike,
    Thanks for getting in touch! You’ll want to override the List template (take a look at our themer’s guide if you’re not familiar with how to do this) and use the tribe_get_custom_field function to retrieve the specific custom field that you’re looking for.

Hopefully that gets you pointed in the right direction, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Kevin
    Participant

Thanks for checking in. We haven’t tested the solution you proposed yet but I appreciate your response. You can close this and if something comes up when we try it I will repost. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for getting back in touch! I’ll go ahead and close this thread out for now, but feel free to start a new thread if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Displaying Additional Field in List view’ is closed to new replies.