Display today's events [shortcode] or widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Display today's events [shortcode] or widget

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    blankbeard
    Participant

Is there a way to display only today’s events on my front page? Currently I am using the shortcode to display events this week, but it is a little cluttered and long on mobile view, because we have so many events per day. Also I keep forgetting to reply before my topics become closed, so I want to take the opportunity to say “Thank you Josh for all of your help thus far!!”

Cliff

Hi. I passed along your “thanks” to Josh. I’m sure he appreciates it! šŸ™‚

We have theseĀ widgetsĀ andĀ shortcodesĀ available, but as you’ve seen, a “Today” one is not currently available.

However, we have this as a built-in view. So you could just link to “example.com/events/today/” and it would display Today’s Events.

Does that help?

blankbeard
    Participant

I had a link in the past. People prefer the widget to the link, but the full week can be a little overwhelming because of the number of shows.

I will probably fumble through some coding, if I can get nudged in the right direction. I have some resources to help guide me through it if I come to them with some info. It would likely just some PHP, correct?

Cliff

I believe this code may be exactly what you’re looking for (or very close to it):

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/f4b67f2d504f4ea6ce84

Let me know how things go!

blankbeard
    Participant

That worked like a charm! Thanks! I just need to change the timezone, it is using UTC and I’m on PST, so at 5PM my time it switches to the next days events. I am 95% of the way there though! Thanks so much!!

Cliff

Glad it helped! Thanks for letting me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Display today's events [shortcode] or widget’ is closed to new replies.