Display Specific Venue Map on a Regular Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Display Specific Venue Map on a Regular Page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    inhouse
    Participant

Hello, I’m having trouble trying to figure out how I can display a specific venue’s map and address on a directions page. I saw some documentation on the tribe_get_embedded_map and the Google Map Functions but I’m not sure if it’s what I need to utilize somehow. I thought it would be as easy as echo tribe_get_embedded_map(83); but this doesn’t seem to be it. Are there any working examples I could follow? I’m hoping it’s an easy thing to do like getting a custom field value from a specific post ID. Thanks in advance for any help.

Barry

Hi inhouse,

Looks like you’ve hit on a bug with tribe_get_embedded_map() – I’ll make a note for us to revise that. In the meantime, though not ideal, you could add this code to your theme’s functions.php file and then use the embed_tribe_venue_map() call as a workaround:

embed_tribe_venue_map( 800 );

It also accepts optional width/height parameters:

embed_tribe_venue_map( 800, 500, 300 );

Sorry for the inconvenience  – we’ll aim to fix the actual template tag as quickly as we can.

inhouse
    Participant

Thanks Barry, where’s the functions code? It reads as though there should be a link somewhere.

Barry

I do apologize inhouse – you’re absolutely right, I meant to link to: http://pastebin.com/Vmhv7gJj (and will update my previous reply). Sorry for the inconvenience – and let me know if that works, at least as a temporary measure until we can address a few shortcomings in the actual template tag.

Barry

Unfortunately we weren’t able to squeeze this one into our 3.5 release 3.5 but I wanted to drop a note in here to let you know it’s still on our radar and we will try hard to fit it in to the next release instead. Thanks for your support and patience in the meantime!

Leah

Hello!

I’m happy to report that we have been working on this feature for our upcoming 4.2 release. The new features for each of our plugins are currently being tested by our QA team and by our beta testers. Soon we’ll be putting the finishing touches on the code and then shipping the new versions out to our lovely customers.

Thank you for your patience while we worked on this. We appreciate your support! Keep an eye out for version 4.2 coming your way in the coming weeks.

Cheers,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Geoff

Zoikes, this thread is quite old but I did want to reach out to let you know that we did indeed just ship this feature in 4.2 this week. Please check out the latest version when you have a change (and do check out the release notes for more important info on updating) and thanks for you support while we worked on this.

Cheers and have a great weekend!
    Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Display Specific Venue Map on a Regular Page’ is closed to new replies.