Display several previous months and next months

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Display several previous months and next months

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marine LB

Hi, I’m considering adding The Events Calendar to a website. Bu I wanted to know if it would be possible to do what I need to do.
    (I’m okay with customizing as I have PHP, HTML and CSS knowledge.)

Basically, on my events archive page, I need to display the links of several previous and next month, in a slider, so it should go back until there is an event to show. Kind of link an horizontal timeline.
    Let’s say we’re in January 2017, it should look like this :

< December (2016) January (17) February (17) March (17) April (17) >

Is it possible to query several previous months, until the first event ? Same for next month.

Caroline

Hi Marine,

Thanks for reaching out! If you’re comfortable with making customizations to change the look and feel of our plugins, then you should have no problems implementing this type of months listing on your event archives! Our Themer’s Guide provides all the info that you should need to get started with template customizations, including a complete listing of our base template files and helpful suggestions for working with our code:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

While providing specific suggestions or writing code for this type of customization is beyond the scope of our support services, we’re happy to try and point users in the right direction where possible. If you should have any questions as you’re developing this feature, feel free to reach to our support team on the appropriate forum for your plugin, and we’ll be glad to see what we can do to assist. 🙂

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and please don’t hesitate to follow up if you should have any other questions or concerns!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Display several previous months and next months’ is closed to new replies.