Display problems when entering a description and selecting date

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Display problems when entering a description and selecting date

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

See images attached. Users are having problems across multiple browsers (chrome and IE in particular) with the display of formatting options in the description section. I’e you cant see basic formatting options such as bold, italic, link etc and when you enter text the colour is white – you can’t see it.

Other problem is when selecting a date the pop up calendar when entering start date appears behind content.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the Community Events submission form. I will try to help you get this sorted.

When visiting your site, I am not seeing the issue with the description. The formatting options display, and the text is a visible color. I see that in your second screenshot, it also appears to be displaying properly. I checked this in Chrome/FF/Safari on a Mac, and it was the same for all browsers.

Can you tell me which browser and operating system you are viewing the non-working page with?

For the datepicker, it seems that your theme is adding a really high z-index on the main content area. To override this, you can add this CSS snippet:

.tribe-ui-datepicker { z-index: 2000; }

Thanks,
    Sky

[email protected]
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks for replying.

I added the CSS snippet but unfortunately it hasn’t fixed the problem. Have you got another solution?

Thanks again,
    Natasha

Sky
    Keymaster

Natasha,

I apologize, I didn’t realize the z-index was being added inline as well.

Try this:

.tribe-ui-datepicker { z-index: 2000!important; }

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
    Sky

[email protected]
    Participant

Thanks so much! That fixed it.

Now onto the other issue of the missing formatting options in the EVENT DESCRIPTION box.

My colleague who is having the problems with this was using Internet Explorer (i know, not ideal) and her Operating System is Windows 10 64-bit.

Thanks

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Can you have her generate a support details report for her browser information at https://supportdetails.com/ and share the results with me?

Thanks,
    Sky

[email protected]
    Participant

Yep, no worries. See attached.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thank you for providing those details. I took a look at the site in IE-11/Windows 10, and I did not see any problems with the interface. Do you have other users reporting the same issue?

If they could use the developer tools to inspect the page and see if there are any errors in the console, I might be able to determine where things are breaking. The editor interface is added by javascript after the page loads, and I’m guessing there is a javascript error that is preventing this from happening.

Also, make sure they don’t have “compatibility mode” enabled in IE. This is actually the most common cause of problems I come across with IE11.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Display problems when entering a description and selecting date’ is closed to new replies.