Display organizer's calendar in a different website

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Display organizer's calendar in a different website

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    leonardchamber
    Participant

Hello,

I manage one website that is kind of a master calendar covering a lot of organizations, and I am also setting up a website for an organization that appears on the large calendar as an organizer.

Is there a good way to display the calendar or some feed of just the organizer’s calendar from the big site http://www.websitewithhugecalendar.com/organizer/smallorganization/ on a different site ie, http://www.smallorganization.com

It seems like unnecessary duplication to have to enter events on both calendars.

Thanks.

leonardchamber
    Participant

Hello – Just checking in on this request?
    Thanks!

Nico

Hey Leonard,

Thanks for the heads-up and sorry for the excessive delay here! I actually gave a reply to your thread short after it was posted, but for some reason it got deleted or it didn’t get posted completely 🙁

Let me check if I can recover my original answer tomorrow first thing in the morning or else I’ll craft the reply again if it’s not possible to recover the old one.

Once again sorry for the delay here, this was totally out of my radar as the thread was successfully marked as ‘Waiting for user feedback’.
    Best,
    Nico

leonardchamber
    Participant

Thanks – I figured that there was an issue, since you normally respond promptly.

Nico

Thanks for being on top of this Leonard! We drop the ball this time.

I couldn’t find my previous reply so here I go again:

Is there a good way to display the calendar or some feed of just the organizer’s calendar from the big site http://www.websitewithhugecalendar.com/organizer/smallorganization/ on a different site ie, http://www.smallorganization.com

Yes by appending ?ical=1 to any tribe view the events will be returned in .ics format. I can help you getting an RSS feed of the organizer events if that helps. I mean you would only need to configure a widget that reads the events from the RSS feed. In the case of the ICS feed you can have iCal importer (or Events Aggregator when it’s launched porabably tomorrow) on the small organization site and import this feed regularly (maybe daily).

The feed solution sounds easier to implement, but you’ll only have a list of this events linking to the bigger organization site. The ics solution requires a premium add-on but the events will live in the subsite as well so won’t need to navigate away from the site to view the events.

Please let me know if this answers your question,
    Best,
    Nico

leonardchamber
    Participant

Thanks for answering my question.

Do you have an example of the RSS feed solution? I am having a hard time imagining it.

Thank you!
    -Laura

Nico

Thanks for following up Laura!

There seem to be a bunch of RSS Agregator plugins out there: The 7 Best WordPress RSS Feed Plugins You Can Have in 2016. Personally I’ve never used one, so I guess you should inspect them a bit before choosing one!

Please let me know if you find one that might be a fit,
    Have a great weekend,
    Nico

PS: sorry, seems I was using a wrong name 😛

leonardchamber
    Participant

This reply is private.

leonardchamber
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

leonardchamber
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

leonardchamber
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

leonardchamber
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘Display organizer's calendar in a different website’ is closed to new replies.