display one time events before recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO display one time events before recurring events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jen Russo
    Participant

Is there a way I can modify the events page so that my one time events for today show up first instead of just the recurring events that start chronologically first in the morning, alphabetically.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi mauitime,

Before I can try to help you further I would like to know in which type of Event View you would like to change the order?

Thanks for your time, and my Best Regards.

Jen Russo
    Participant

thanks gustavo. right now i am using photo view.

We have it here http://mauitime.com/events

but because i have so many daily recurring events, almost in every instance in the main feed and categories I would like them to see the new one time events before the daily / recurring events. Otherwise its hard to see the one time events, nobody knows they are there.

thanks for your insight.

Jen

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Mauitime,

Thanks for explaining it further for me, but unfortunately that is something that would be hard to resolve with a simple snippet, because that changes a behavior that is not from our plugin but from WordPress itself.

I would like to say that you should change the Styles for the one time events so that they have a bigger space on the user screen.

Sorry if I wasn’t able to solve your issue, but if you have any other problems with our plugin please don’t hesitate to comeback here and we will try to help you.

My Best Regards,

Jen Russo
    Participant

Gustavo

maybe then can you explain a little better to me how ECP is serving the posts? Is it always basically starting with the all day events alphabetical, then chronological, alphabetical?

what if I wanted to show the main feed by certain event categories first? could we do that with a snippet?

thanks for helping understand how this works.

Jen
    Mauitime

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Jen,

Let me try to explain how it works on this case, the photo view at least.

The WordPress structure will allow you to change the the ordering by groups, the thing with chronological is that the WP_Query considers time too, which makes a smaller grouping hard to exist, since to be a group 2 events have to be at the the exact same time.

You can take a look at how the WordPress does the ordering, which can be filtered for our Photo View using one of this two actions:

• tribe_events_parse_query
    • tribe_events_pre_get_posts

It’s not a trivial task as I said before, it requires a lot of attention because it might break queries on other pages.

You best bet would be to either change the CSS to make it easier to find, or separate it in two different pages. One for recurring and other for one time events.

Both solutions will require a bit of tech knowledge and time.

Sorry if I wasn’t able to solve your issue this time Jen… =(

My Best Regards,

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘display one time events before recurring events’ is closed to new replies.