display newest event only shortcode

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO display newest event only shortcode

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lunenburg
    Participant

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to display the events calendar in a slider format (I am using the divi theme from Elegant Themes) where I would have slide 1 as the upcoming event, slide 2, as the next event coming, slide 3, the third event in the future… and so on…

Thanks!
    Aleks

Edward

Hey there !

Thanks for reaching out — that’s a great question, I can help with that 🙂

[tribe_events_list limit="1"]

This shortcode will return your newest event. To use this code multiple times, you may have to target a different category or class so you are not showing the same event on each slide.

You can call an event specifically and more with this shortcode, check out all the options it can be given.

Take a look at our article Integrating The Events Calendar with Slider Revolution.

Hope that helps!

lunenburg
    Participant

Hi!

Thanks for the info!

I guess I was wondering, rather than having to use categories for each post in the slider, to use something along the lines of event post=1+0, event post=1+1, and event post=1+2 to list each of the three upcoming events that are closest to current date. Is there any potential option for that?

Edward

The potential is definitely there, but would require a bit of custom code work. You can always post a Feature Request as well!

Without custom code, I think that this could be done by using the shortcode parameters creatively. Check out our KB article that shows some more advanced usage of shortcode → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/

Take care,
    Ed ✌️

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘display newest event only shortcode’ is closed to new replies.