display list without details

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO display list without details

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    screenrage
    Participant

How can I display all events on a page without their description? All I want is the date, time, title, city,state and price.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,
    I can help you out with this.

We do not have a shortcode that can enable you to display a list like that, but there are a coupon options you can try.

Custom Loop
    You can create a custom loop using the post-type:

tribe_events
    This will take bring in all the custom fields you would like, but you would have total control over it.

Event Rocket
    There is an unofficial plugin called Event Rocket:

Event Rocket

This plugin does have a shortcode for the list widget, which may get you close to what you are looking for without as much work.

Let me know if those will work for you. We can help out a little on the custom loop, but for the most part customizations are beyond the support of the forum.

Thanks

screenrage
    Participant

Thanks

Can you provide a custom loop that shows start date, event name, venue name for all events? so it looks like a list.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am afraid that is beyond the support we can provide. We can help answer questions, but providing the whole coding is beyond our terms of service.

I can provide two locations where you can find the functions for event details and that should make it easier to build the loop.

Event Start Date
    Look in this file for the different start date and time functions.

\the-events-calendar\views\modules\meta\details.php

Venue Name
    Look in this file for more venue related functions.

\the-events-calendar\views\modules\meta\venue.php

This is the one that gets the Venue Name:

tribe_get_venue()

Event Name
    You should be able to use this function from WordPress

get_the_title()

And this page has an example of a custom post type loop:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Types

And again this is the custom post type you will need to use:

tribe_events

That is about all I can provide you will have to take it from here to build the loop exactly how you would like it.

Brian
    Keymaster

This thread’s not seen much activity for the last couple of weeks – and there’s not too much more we can offer here given its a customization – so I’ll go ahead and close it. Of course if you still need help with this or any other issue please don’t hesitate to create a new thread (or threads) and one of the team will be only too happy to help. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘display list without details’ is closed to new replies.