Display First Two Recurring Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Display First Two Recurring Events

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Claire Lanyado.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Claire Lanyado
    Participant

Hi there,

We know there is the option to limit recurring events to only display the first upcoming, but is there any way to display more than just the first?

Thanks!
    – Claire

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Claire!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Unfortunately, that is not a built-in option of the recurring events settings.

I’m not sure what the use case of such functionality would be, so feel free to let me know what/why you are trying to accomplish and I’d be happy to let you know if there are any workarounds for it.

Best,
    Victor

Claire Lanyado
    Participant

Hey Victor,

Thanks for the reply! The use case would basically be, say you have a recurring event with lots of upcoming events vs. other events further out in the future and you would like to show more of the recurring events vs. the further out other events. It’s simply a way to have a little more control over what is shown upcoming. Ideally this would be a text box option to modify how many recurring events show.

Thanks for your consideration!
    – Claire

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Claire,

Thanks for following up with this.

The only thing I can think of that would give some control over the number of instances for a recurring event is the Create recurring events in advance for setting you can find by navigating to your WP Admin > Events > Settings > General tab.

You can determine how far in advance recurring events will be created. Of course, this is not per event but a global setting for all recurring events, but it will at least give you some control over them.

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up questions 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Claire Lanyado
    Participant

Thanks Victor, I’ve also added this as a feature request 🙂

Best,
    Claire

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Claire!

That’s great! Thanks for following up with this 🙂

As you marked this resolved, I’ll go ahead and close it. Feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Display First Two Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.