Display embeds in Event list

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Display embeds in Event list

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kelly
    Participant

I just upgraded to 3.0.2. I was quite dismayed when the embeded YouTube videos disappeared from my Past Events list. Is there a way to force them to show?

Kelly
    Participant

I guess, upon further reflection, what I really want is for the full text of the event post to display in the list, rather than just the summary.

Is there something I can tweak to accomplish this?

Kelly
    Participant

I think I’ve resolved the issue, but I have a feature request that stems from the solution. In the

the-events-calendar/views/list/single-event.php

file, under , I changed

to

This fix is suboptimal because when upgrading, I will have to go in and edit the file. I would like to see some sort of customization drop-down in the TEC settings where I can chose to use the excerpt or the content of the Event post.

Neill

Hi Kelly,

It looks like your code may have been stripped out of this comment. Sorry about that. We are working some code posting bugs out as we speak.

It would be really helpful if you could post this request to our UserVoice page (see: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/tell-us-the-event-management-features-youd-like-to-see/). That way we can get an idea of how other users feel about your feature request and see if its something we can work on for a future release.

Apart from the code not posting correctly are you all set otherwise?

Neill

Kelly
    Participant

Hi Neil,

I am pretty well adjusted to the new format. Thanks for asking.

The topic that you linked to is closed. Is there somewhere else I should post?

Neill

Hi Kelly,

Sorry yes there was a link in that post to the UserVoice page. That link explained how it all worked. THis is were you actually submit a feature: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Thanks
    Neill

Kelly
    Participant

I see now. Thanks for your help, Neil!

Kelly
    Participant

This reply is private.

Leah

Glad to see you’re set her Kelly. I’m going to close up the thread, but if you have any further questions feel free to open another.

Best,
    Leah

soundmutants
    Participant

What Happened? The recent update caused the Calendar widget to no longer have clickable dates to view the events for that day…. This is troublesome as this functionality was one of my major reasons for purchasing the pro version.

Leah

Hi soundmutants,

We changed the way the Calendar widget worked in Events 3.0, so it no longer has tooltips. We do not have any specific plans to re-add toolltips, but since so many folks have expressed disappointment about their disappearance I have ticketed it as a potential feature to add in a future build. If you’d like to encourage us, please vote for it in our UserVoice Forum.

Meanwhile, if you’d like to downgrade back to 2.0.11 you can follow the steps here. If you would prefer to get a refund for your purchase and find a different calendar solution, you can email me at pro (at) tri.be and include the receipt from your original purchase.

Best,
    Leah

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, soundmutants. This is just a note to let you know that we didn’t get a chance to look at your issue for our maintenance release this time around.

While it’s possible we may have inadvertently fixed it in addressing another issue and welcome your feedback to confirm or deny this once you’ve updated, we want to set your expectations.

Rest assured getting this resolved is still a priority for us. We look forward to addressing this as soon as we’ve got bandwidth/resources to allow it.

Thanks for being part of the TEC community!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Display embeds in Event list’ is closed to new replies.