Display Current Day's Events Using a Shortcode

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Display Current Day's Events Using a Shortcode

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hello,

I have a need to display the events of the current day as a list. I see there is a day.php which I assume does the trick, but my coding skills are not as required, and I can not find any code that resembles what I need.

Is there a shortcode that can be filtered using parameters that can show just today’s events?

Thanks,

Chris

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help out here.

We do not have a feature to show only today’s events, but you could use the Event List Widget and this snippet:

/*
    * The Events Calendar - Limit the upcoming widget to just event running today
    */
    add_filter( 'tribe_events_list_widget_query_args', 'tribe_modify_list_widget_args', 10, 1 );

function tribe_modify_list_widget_args ( $args ) {

$start_date_init = date ( 'Y-m-d' );
    $start_date_end = $start_date_init . ' 23:59:59';

$args['meta_query'][] = array('key' => '_EventStartDate','type' => 'DATETIME','compare' => '>=','value' => $start_date_init);
    $args['meta_query'][] = array('key' => '_EventStartDate','type' => 'DATETIME','compare' => '<=','value' => $start_date_end);

return $args;
    }

Add that coding to your child theme’s functions.php (or parent them) and let me know if that works.

Thanks

Chris
    Participant

Thanks Brian, that code looks great for my needs.

In looking at it, I assume that will change the Upcoming Widget for all instances on the site, and if I only want to change a single page instance of the widget, the function contents need to be wrapped in a conditional statement identifying the page and allowing it to run only if the page identifier is true.

Is that correct?

Thanks again,

Chris

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yep this would work on all Event List Widgets.

This coding worked to target a specific one:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/a99528506ec2f42c8e3f

You would want to change this: tribe-events-adv-list-widget-2

To the number of the widget you would like to target.

That can be found in the source code on the front end. I can help with that if you provide a link.

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Display Current Day's Events Using a Shortcode’ is closed to new replies.