Display an overview of categories

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Display an overview of categories

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    marianrick
    Participant

Hey,

first of all thanks for the great plugin and good support, I was already able to experience once. The plugin works great and does a good job at managing our events.

Because we use the categories to sort a lot of different dates for performances of our theater, I would love to show an overview, that lists all categories that exist with a picture, the name and description. Maybe even the next two our three dates, that are added to the category.

I know that it can not be too hard to get the name and description to display, because this information is already present, but I cannot figure out a way to do so. Is there an build in shortcake or tweak or something?

Is it hard to add a category-picture and display the next dates? I know that at some point the questions digg into developing something new, so if this is too much for your product support you got my total comprehension.

(Hope my english works for you guys).

Best regards,
    Marian.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Marian,

Thanks for using our plugins! I am limited on the support I can provide on customizations, but I have a few things that might help you out as we do not have the feature you are looking for.

The Event Categories are using a WordPress Custom Taxonomy, the registered name for the categories in WordPress is:

tribe_events_cat

Widgets
    I found a couple plugins that might work and tried this one out:

List Custom Taxonomy Widget

It does a list of Event Categories. You maybe able to find another widget for custom taxonomies that gets you close to what you are looking for.

Coding
    If you are looking for a more advanced method that gives you more options to add in the information you would like, you can look at this WordPress function, get_taxonomies:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_taxonomies

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Display an overview of categories’ is closed to new replies.