Display Additional Field in Event List Widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Display Additional Field in Event List Widget

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gosprout
    Participant

Hi,

I have added a custom additional field called “Link”. How do I enable it so that it displays in the Event List Widget? (What would the line of code be and which files would I add it to?)

Thanks,
    Jen

Casey
    Participant

Jen,
    Thanks for getting in touch! You should be able to perform a template override (take a look at our themer’s guide to learn how to do this) on ‘events-calendar-pro/views/pro/widgets/list-widget.php’ and use the ‘tribe_get_custom_field()‘ function to display your custom field.

Here’s an example of how to use that function:

echo tribe_get_custom_field( 'YOUR_FIELD_NAME' );

Hopefully that points you in the right direction, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

gosprout
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Thanks for the start… However, it didn’t work… I followed the themer’s guide, copied list-widget.php over to a tribe-events folder in my theme folder and added the following code at the end of the get-zip, get-organizer, get-phone, etc.:

[code][/code]<?php if ( $link && tribe_get_custom_field( ‘Link’ ) != ” ) { ?>
    <span class=”Link”><?php echo tribe_get_custom_field( ‘Link’ ); ?></span>
    <?php } ?>[code][/code]

But when I refresh my Widgets page, this Link option does not show up in the list of checkboxes.

Thanks,
    Jen

Casey
    Participant

gosprout,
    You’ll need to copy over the file to ‘YOUR_THEME_DIR/tribe-events/pro/widgets/list-widget.php.’ Give that a shot and let me know if you’re seeing your overrides after that. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

gosprout
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Updated the folder structure, but still no luck on getting it to show up on the widget.
    On a second note, I just realized there’s already a field for Event Website by default on the Edit Event page…can I just get that to show up on the list-widget.php? Really, that’s all I’m trying to do – my client simply wants title, date (no time), and the link to the external event website…

Thanks,
    Jen

Casey
    Participant

Jen,
    I’m not sure why that’s not working, but if you just want to display the Event Website, then take a look at the following functions:

Give one of those a try and let me know if that does the trick. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Display Additional Field in Event List Widget’ is closed to new replies.