Discrepancy between order status and attendee order status

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Discrepancy between order status and attendee order status

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    clockwork-agency
    Participant

Prepping for a demo/run-through with our client. Purchased two tickets as a single user. Moved order status from “Oh Hold” (using checks locally for testing) to “Completed”.

When we open the (the event) > Attendees it still shows both tickets as “On Hold” whereas on (the event) > Orders it shows the correct status. It also shows correctly in WooCommerce > Orders.

We tried moving the order from “Completed” to “Processing” to “Completed” to see if a hook would fire, and we’ve also manually run WP cron with the hope that it might fire something.

Is there any way to force the attendees tab to update or get it to accurately reflect the order status for each of the two tickets? Is there anything we can do to get things working correctly?

Attaching screenshots showing the event orders/attendee tabs along with the WooCommerce order.

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Robert!

Thanks for taking the time to report this.

Unfortunately, I’ve been able to reproduce the same behavior in my own installation. It should reflect the order status automatically, but it seems it’s being cached somewhere and I’m not able to find a workaround.

I have logged a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status as pending fix and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

artistinformatici
    Participant

Hello,
    It’s there any update? I have the same issue and it’s quite important to fix it in order to use this plugin.

Thank you
    Regards
    Sara

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Sara!

Thanks for chiming in here.

I’ve just checked the bug report for this issue and we don’t have an update for it yet.

In the meantime, we’ve found a workaround you can use to lower the transient expiration time so that is updates the attendees information quicker.

You’ll have to paste the following snippet of code into your theme’s functions.php file to make it work:

add_filter( 'tribe_tickets_attendees_admin_expire', 'custom_tickets_attendees_expire' );
    add_filter( 'tribe_tickets_attendees_expire', 'custom_tickets_attendees_expire' );

function custom_tickets_attendees_expire () {
       // number of seconds
       return 10;
    }

That will update the attendees list every 10 seconds. If you want to disable the transient, you can set it to 0 (zero), but this is not recommended if you have too many attendees for an event.

I’d suggest you take a look at the following article about Best Practices for Implementing Custom Code Snippets > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/implementing-custom-code-snippets/

I hope that helps. We’ll let you know once we ship a final fix for this in a future maintenance release.

Best.
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Sara!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-27-may-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Discrepancy between order status and attendee order status’ is closed to new replies.