Disassociating with Eventbrite on Save

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Disassociating with Eventbrite on Save

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Adam Dean
    Participant

Hello, we are using the Eventbrite Tickets plugin on one of our sites and have recently noticed an issue where we can create the initial event and the information passes to Eventbrite and tickets are created as expected. However, upon subsequent edits to the event the “Leave this event associated with Eventbrite” radio checkboxes are blank (not yes by default).

This creates a scenario where one of our staffers whose job it is to update posts and information in the content area is updating the post and the event is becoming disassociated with Eventbrite causing the event tickets to no longer display and requiring me to manually go into the database and reinsert the proper Eventbrite ID and other post meta information to bring the tickets back.

We are using The Events Calendar 4.4.3 and Events Calendar PRO 4.4.3 and Eventbrite Tickets 4.4

This seems like an easy change/fix that could save us a lot of trouble in the long run.

Nico

Hi there Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch with us on this!

Your report seems legit and I’m mostly sure it’s a bug on our side and not something specific to your site. This said, I couldn’t find any previous reports in our backlog so I’ll need to perform a couple of tests to gather some additional information about it.

Please give me a bit of time, I’ll get back to you tomorrow,
    Best,
    Nico

Nico

Thanks for the patience while I tested this Adam!

I did some tests imports but wasn’t able to reproduce the behaviour you reported. I’m curious if it has to do with the EventBrite event you are using specifically. Can you send the URL/ID in a private reply so I can re run the test with your event?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Jason
    Participant

I am experiencing the exact same issue and it’s very frustrating. I will create an event in Events Calendar and register it with Eventbrite. It works and the Eventbrite reg shows in the iFrame on the page. But when I go back to the event in WP to make an update the “Register this event with eventbrite.com” radio buttons are both unchecked.

WP 4.7.3
    Events Cal Pro 4.4.4
    Events Cal Eventbrite 4.4

Jason
    Participant

I just checked another event and it is also disassociated from Eventbrite. I started using this feature earlier this year and it’s been buggy. I’m scrambling right now to try to come up with a fix as my client has events running and I didn’t realize the people have no way to register for the events now. My confidence in this add-on is low. Hope we can get a real fix soon please.

Nico

Thanks for following up Jason!

I’ll make some extra tests to verify the behaviour of the importer. As you say this might crop up when creating the event in WordPress and then pushing it to EventBrite.

Please give me some extra time (our support is limited this week as we head to our annual team trip) to investigate the issue,
    Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hey folks,

Sorry for the delay in my reply! Still catching up after our annual team trip…

We could confirm and log this bug. I’m not sure when the fix will be shipped, but I’ll try to push this forward as it’s a pretty annoying bug for sure.

I’ve linked this thread with the bug report, so you’ll get a heads-up here when it’s be fixed and released.

Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hi,

Just wanted to share with you that maintenance release 4.4.6 of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-pro-4-4-6-event-tickets-4-4-6-premium-add-ons/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Disassociating with Eventbrite on Save’ is closed to new replies.