Disappearing License key

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Disappearing License key

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jarle
    Participant

Hi!
    First of all thank you for a nice WP plugin that keeps getting better!

Upon enabling the Event Aggregator I have the following problem:
    After entering and saving the license key, when returning to the license page, it has disappeared.
    On the API tab I also get the message: Your Event Aggregator Facebook connection will expire in about 2 months.

Info that may apply to the problem
    I have a free of charge (thank you!) Events Calendar Pro licence for an NGO on a multisite install with more than 11 subsites, and I get the following message below the Events Calendar Pro license key field:

“You have enabled a valid license. It looks like you are using this license within a multisite network. If you have 11 or more subsites, want network-level management, and/or require automatic updates, you need to upgrade to a multisite license. Read more about license options.”

On my License key page in My Account at your site, I have the following mesage in red:
    “This appears to be a multisite install. Please purchase a multisite license for this site.”

Previously I have been told to ignore this message and use the key.

Can you help me?

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Jarle.
    Geoff B.

Good evening Jarle and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us and for the fantastic words.

We are sorry to hear about the confusing messages you are getting.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Let’s try to break this down to clarify things.

The Your Event Aggregator Facebook connection will expire in about 2 months. message is triggered when you have successfully connected to FB from EA- which is actually totally unrelated to your license key.

Secondly, the license key and the value that should go in the API field are totally different, can you confirm that you are not trying to use one for the other ? Better yet, could you send a few screenshots in a private reply ?

For now, I do not think that the multi-site aspect of things is causing this.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Jarle
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Jarle,

Thank you for writing back.

After our conversation, I did some more digging (after all the awesome Event Aggregator is new to us).

It turns out that the 2 month expiry thing is normal, and it’s dictated by FB. That’s how long they allow you to be signed in/connected like this.

There’s no need to reset it- he’ll be prompted to do so when needed so basically, you can simply stop worrying about that bit 🙂

In other words, you are not doing anything wrong.

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Disappearing License key’ is closed to new replies.