Disable WPML translation for tribe_events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Disable WPML translation for tribe_events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bayer
    Participant

We’ve got two identical websites with WPML and Events Calendar Pro.

On the first one, it’s possible to deactivate (WPML -> Translation options -> Custom posts : Check “Do nothing”) the translation for Venues, Organizers and Events.

On the second site, the three checkboxes are disabled and “Translate” is checked by default.

`<input class=”icl_sync_custom_posts” type=”radio” name=”icl_sync_custom_posts[tribe_venue]” value=”1″ disabled=”disabled” checked=”checked”>

We want to disable the translation for events only, because we don’t want to duplicate all events for the second language.

Checkboxes

Geoff B.

Good evening Alexander and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Before we begin, based on your system information, it looks like you might be missing one plugin on that website: translation management.

You can read all about it here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-the-events-calendar-with-wpml/

That being said, if you want to override some of the built-in behaviour of our plugin (and the way it interacts with WPML), you might have to do that by modifying the files found in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Integrations/WPML

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Bayer
    Participant

Installing the “Translation management” plugin didn’t help. The translation checkboxes are still disabled.

When there’s no other way than modifying the files in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Integrations/WPML, then why does it work on an identical website out of the box and without any problems?

Screenshot

Geoff B.

Good evening Alexander,

Thank you for writing back.
    I am sorry this did not help.

Furthermore, unless I log in to check on these 2 identical installs (without touching anything), I am not sure as to why they behave differently.

On my end, I will talk to the Dev in charge of the WPML portion of our plugins and see what he recommends.

Hang in there as I follow-up on this for you.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Alexander,

As promised I talked with Dev.

I seems like this might be a glitch.
    I am going to investigate this further.

It sounds like it has something to do with the way WPML handles translation of custom post types in its latest version. I will need to run some downgrading tests.

Let me dig into this and get back to you.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable WPML translation for tribe_events’ is closed to new replies.