Disable ticket email (using Easy Digital Downloads)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Disable ticket email (using Easy Digital Downloads)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    artstream8401
    Participant

Hello,

I am looking for an easy way to disable the ticket email. We are using Event Tickets Plus with Easy Digital Downloads.

Thank you,

John

Barry

Hi John,

A small snippet like the following one should do the trick:

add_filter( 'edd_email_ticket_receipt', '__return_false' );

This could be added either to a custom plugin (preferred) or else to your theme’s functions.php file.

Does that work for you?

artstream8401
    Participant

I added the text to the site’s functions.php file, but received the error “Unable to communicate back with site to check for fatal errors, so the PHP change was reverted. You will need to upload your PHP file change by some other means, such as by using SFTP.”

I don’t really know where to start with writing a plugin. Any help would be appreciated.

Barry

Hi @artstream8401,

If you have direct access via FTP or if your web hosting control panel offers some kind of file manager, perhaps you could create a new directory at wp-content/mu-plugins and then create a file called event-tickets-plus-customizations.php within that.

In that file, start with an opening PHP tag <?php on the first line then follow with the line of code I shared above on the next line, ie:

<?php
    add_filter( 'edd_email_ticket_receipt', '__return_false' );

Does that work for you?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable ticket email (using Easy Digital Downloads)’ is closed to new replies.