Disable Single Event Link

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Disable Single Event Link

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Lindsey.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lindsey
    Participant

I’m trying to disable the single event link via the calendar. On the calendar, I want the user to be able to “hover” the event title and see the “popup”, but not be permitted to “click” on the event title and go to the single event. How do I do this?

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Lindsey!

Thanks for reaching out to us and for using our plugins! 🙂

Unfortunately, there is no built in way to do this, so you would have to do a customization to achieve that.

While we are limited in the support we can give on customizations, we do like helping out, so I will point you in the right direction to achieve that.

You can do a template override by doing this:

• Copy the content of the template file located in /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/month/single-event.php
    • Create a folder in your theme’s folder named tribe-events and inside it another folder named month.
    • Inside that month folder, create a file called single-event.php and paste all the content from the file before.

Then, you should modify this file code by changing line 196 and eliminating the ‘a’ tag like this

<h3 class="tribe-events-month-event-title"><?php echo $title ?></h3>

There is a great Themer’s Guide you should check out here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

I hope that helps! Let me know if other questions.

Best!

Victor

Lindsey
    Participant

Hello!

Thank you for the wonderful instructions – the path you provided me I can
    follow up until “views” then I get a folder called “pro”… and inside
    “pro” I get several files and folders but non of them are listed as “month”.

Please look at the attached print screens.

Thank you!

Lindsey

Lindsey A. Marshall
    Swink Creative Solutions
    P: 308.210.2077
    [email protected]
    http://www.SwinkCreativeSolutions.com
    http://about.me/lindseymarshall

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Lindsey!

I’ve just realised I gave you the wrong path. This is the one you should look at > /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month/single-event.php

I did not get the screenshots, but that’s not necessary for the moment.

Let me know how that works for you.

Best!

Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable Single Event Link’ is closed to new replies.