Disable scrolling function for "Ticket" window

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Disable scrolling function for "Ticket" window

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Corey Ritter
    Participant

Our events are imported from Eventbrite. In the “Tickets” window, there is a scroll bar to the right. We’d like to remove the scroll bar and turn off the scroll function. The ‘Order Now’ button is partially hidden the way it is now.

This is occurring on a desktop computer both in Chrome and Internet Explorer. On my mobile devices, Apple iOS Safari and Samsung Android, there us not a scroll function on the ‘Tickets’ window. We’d like the same for the web pages on a computer.

Example:

Body Design Panther Creek Falls Hike

The page is a bit slow, any way to speed loading?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Corey!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Let me help you with that.

You can adjust the height of the tickets iframe so that it does not show the scroll bar, by using the tribe_events_eventbrite_iframe_height filter. Try placing the following snippet into your active theme’s functions.php file:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_eventbrite_iframe_height', 'tribe_events_eventbrite_custom_iframe_height', 10, 4 );
    function tribe_events_eventbrite_custom_iframe_height( $iframe_height, $post_id, $event, $num_visible_tickets ) {
       $iframe_height = $iframe_height + 40;
       return $iframe_height;
    }

Let me know if that works for your site.

Regarding your site being slow, do you experience this in all your sites pages or just some? If some, please share a link to those pages.

Thanks,
    Victor

Corey Ritter
    Participant

HI there, I’m having a hard time locating where to place that snippet you provided into the active theme’s functions.php file. Screenshots could be useful, or a step-by-step, please?

I have a banner notification from WordPress that says, “Pssst! Looking for the filters? They live in a separate plugin now | Download for free | Dismiss”

Do I need to DL the free plug-in to use this snippet?

All the pages are slow: http://bodydesignuniversity.com/events/ each event you click on takes about 5 seconds to load.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Corey!

Let me point you to the following article that explains about the functions.php file > https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/theme-functions/

To add the snippet I sent, you should edit the functions.php file locate at your active theme’s directory. For example: /wp-content/themes/yourtheme/functions.php

You can also easily add the snippet using the following plugin > https://wordpress.org/plugins/my-custom-functions/

Do I need to DL the free plug-in to use this snippet?

No, that is the Advanced Post Manager plugin > https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-post-manager/. You won’t need it to make the snippet work.

Regarding the performance of your site I’d recommend you take a look at our article on Performance Considerations. After that, if you decide to implement a caching system then you can move to these articles: Caching: What, when and how and Caching month view HTML in transients

Finally, there is a good article George put up here that groups a set of developer plugins. It’s a bit more technical than the others but will definitely be of help if you are into development.

I hope that helps! Let me know how it goes.

Best,
    Victor

Corey Ritter
    Participant

Is this the right place to put the snippet?

It did not seem to remove the scroll bar.

Corey Ritter
    Participant

I was able to use this instead

.eventbrite-ticket-embed iframe {
    height: 310px!important;
    }

it worked.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Corey Ritter.
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Corey!

Thanks for following up with this.

That is part of the WordPress customizer where you can place additional CSS styles. The code I shared is PHP so it won’t work in there.

I’d suggest you try the My Custom Functions plugin I mentioned before, that will allow you to paste the code in a similar way as the WordPress customizer does with CSS.

It’s great to know you could make those styles work for you. Bear in mind this will set a fixed hight for the iframe, so in the case there are more tickets available these will be probably hidden.

Does it help? Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Corey Ritter
    Participant

It might work, but I am not sure about installing another plug-in as we has many plug-ins right now. This may be why the site is slow.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Corey!

Thanks for following up with this.

I don’t think that plugin would add much load to your site. Placing the snippet into your functions.php file will avoid the need to install the plugin.

On the other hand, if the CSS snippet works for you then it’s totally fine if you don’t use the php snippet.

Since you marked this Resolved I’ll go ahead and close it, but don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable scrolling function for "Ticket" window’ is closed to new replies.