Disable Recurring Events in Community Events Plugin

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Disable Recurring Events in Community Events Plugin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

I do not want my community members adding recurring events and clutter up our calendar with events they forget about. Is there a way to disable recurring events? Could I simply disable them by deleting the field in the template for front-end submission or better yet is there a checkbox I’m missing to turn it off for all community members. Really this needs to be an option for us admins.

Also, I have not seen a way to bulk approve events community members add. If someone added a recurring event that went out several years that would make my life frustrating as an admin.

Joyce Grace

Hello Tony, I can feel your pain. I had a look and you’re right, there’s no setting to disable recurring events. It might work to take the field out of the template, but I’m going to ask some higher level support if there is a more finesse solution to this. Hang tight!

Tony
    Participant

Excellent. Thank you very much. We’re about to launch this to our community members who have weekly events and although I can see this would be helpful for some, for others it could really cause us a problem. So the sooner the better 🙂

If we could remove the option until a fix comes then that works for me too. I would need to know what line and what file I would need to modify.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Tony,

You can comment out the recurrence option in one of the template views. Make a copy of /wp-content/plugins/events-community/views/events-meta-box.php and place in an ‘events/community/’ folder in your theme. Then comment out the code on line 87.

That should do it but let me know if you need anything else.

– Jonah

Tony
    Participant

Awesome! Thank you Jonah. Really appreciate the help there. I was a bit worried what would happen if I launched this feature on our website. We already have over 740 events occurring and adding a community feature with recurring events would be tough to manage.

As is, not having a feature to sift through the events in the admin using a calender is making a pain to go through all the events. If you had a calendar in the backend where I could do a search on events between a date range would make life SO MUCH easier. 🙂

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Tony,

We do have ways to filter events in the admin, including by date range. Have you seen this? http://cl.ly/0S0O0O3b0015411q1n0y

– Jonah

Tony
    Participant

I have seen that but I’m not able to do a date range. I can only do a start date but not an end date. After filtering, if I click on a column to sort then I lose the filter.

Rob

Hey Tony: are you saying the filter is removed when you attempt to resort via a column header? If so, mind showing us a screenshot (similar to Jonah’s) of your settings in the advanced post manager there that lead to this? I’ll try to recreate on my end and can get logged with the devs as needed from there, should we have a bug here. Thanks in advance!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable Recurring Events in Community Events Plugin’ is closed to new replies.