Disable Map on List View but keep for Event Detail?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Disable Map on List View but keep for Event Detail?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

Hi,

We’ve decided that the map is not necessary to display on our List (or any) View page, we only want it to appear on the Event Detail page. Is there an easy way to prevent it from loading on the list page but keep it on the detail page?

If possible I’d like to not have the map load at all on this page, rather than simply hide it with a display:none. Could it be done with a function perhaps, or by customizing the template? I looked in the template files and didn’t see where to disable it.

Thanks. I’m using a shortcode to embed for this page, so if there’s a shortcode parameter that could disable it, that’d be easiest I guess.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello David,

Thanks for going Pro and for reaching out to us! Let me try to help you with this.

By default the map doesn’t load in the list view for the events, only on the single event pages.

I didn’t find a list view on your site, so I couldn’t check. You would need to check your theme folder whether it has template overrides for our plugins and check those.

If you are talking about the gigantic map on the top map view, and you want to get rid of that, then I rather recommend you to use the list view, as it is almost the same, except for the map at the top.

Does this help? Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

David
    Participant

I’ve switched the shortcode to list view and the map is gone. I guess I didn’t have “List” enabled in the settings. Thanks for the reply.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey David,

Super happy to hear that solved it!

Since this is resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic in the forum and we will help you out.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable Map on List View but keep for Event Detail?’ is closed to new replies.