Disable 'featured events' feature

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Disable 'featured events' feature

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Henrico County
    Participant

While we like concept and ability to have featured events in our calendar, we have a large number of editors on our site and are not ready to standardize what may be considered a feature event or not for us.

We wanted to know if there was a way to either have this disabled through a setting, or a filter we could include to override this feature and disable it in our theme. Otherwise, I assume our only other possibility is to override all the new CSS classes so that if a user does select a featured event, it just would not display?

If this is not a current possibility, is there a way we could request that this become available?

Hunter

Hi and welcome 🙂

One idea would be to “hide” the Featured Events checkbox in the add/edit event screen. This is the best approach I can think of to disabling the feature without getting too technical. Let me know if this recommendation will suffice and have a great rest of your Valentines Day.

Cheers!

Henrico County
    Participant

Yes, that would work, and be a bit easier than a filter.

Hunter

Hello,

I’m really unsure on how to hide it without dedicating too much time on the matter. You might try reviewing our Using Chrome Developer Tools to see if you can identify the CSS class/ID and hide it using

display: none;

Let me know how it works out and if you need a visual example of using the ‘Inspect’, check out this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools YouTube video. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable 'featured events' feature’ is closed to new replies.