disable Export listing from the front page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO disable Export listing from the front page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    screenrage
    Participant

How do I disable the Export Listed Events button which shows up at the bottom of the List View? I don’t want people to come in, grab the export of all events and not come back to the site for a month.

I would like to completely disable that functionality not just simply remove the button.

thanks

screenrage
    Participant

please help!

Barry

Hi screenrage,

To only remove that link from list view, you could use a snippet like this one (you might add it to your theme’s functions.php file, for instance):

add_filter( 'tribe_events_list_show_ical_link', 'list_view_remove_ical_link' );

function list_view_remove_ical_link( $show_remove ) {
    	if ( tribe_is_list_view() ) return false;
    	return $show_remove;
    }

To remove it from all views you could do this instead:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_list_show_ical_link', '__return_false' );

I would like to completely disable that functionality not just simply remove the button.

To actually prevent an iCal feed from being supplied even if a user somehow crafts the correct URL manually, you could also add a snippet like this one:

if ( did_action( 'plugins_loaded' ) ) remove_ical_functionality();
    else add_action( 'plugins_loaded', 'remove_ical_functionality', 200 );

function remove_ical_functionality() {
    	remove_action( 'tribe_tec_template_chooser', array( 'TribeiCal', 'do_ical_template' ) );
    }

Does that help?

screenrage
    Participant

Yes it does! Thank you so much Barry!

screenrage
    Participant

the last snippet to completely disable it, would that also go in functions.php?

Barry

Yes – you could add it to your theme’s functions.php file 🙂

screenrage
    Participant

thanks!

Barry

No problem.

I’ll go ahead and close this topic, but if we can help with anything else please do feel free to create new topics as needed.

Thanks again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘disable Export listing from the front page’ is closed to new replies.