Disable Event Image Upload

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Disable Event Image Upload

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    hc2ca
    Participant

Looking to disable the event image upload capability, removing it entirely from the community submission form for the time being. There does not seem to be a quick and easy way to edit what shows up on the community form.

Casey
    Participant

H2ca,
    Yes, you can definitely remove the image upload field easily enough. Just perform a Template Override by doing the following:

1) Copy ‘/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/views/edit-event.php’ to the following directory: ‘/wp-content/themes/YOUR_THEME_DIRECTORY/tribe-events/community/’.

2) Find the following code on line 53:

and change it to the following:

Then save the file and you’ll be good to go!

Just let me know if you have any questions about how to do this. Thanks!

hc2ca
    Participant

Thanks Casey. I don’t seem to have a file called: edit-event.php in that directory. Cannot find it in the hooks or modules folders in ‘the-events-calendar-community-events’ either. Should I be looking elsewhere?

Casey
    Participant

Hc2ca,
    It sounds like you’re not running version 3.1 of Community, since you have the ‘hooks’ folder in your plugin directory. Could you try updating to 3.1 and then trying my instructions above? Thanks!

hc2ca
    Participant

Casey,
    The plugin appeared to be 3.1. I re-downloaded it, and everything was where you suggested I look. Changed the line in the file and moved it to the theme directory. Image upload was removed, but it was also replaced with the code I changed:

Casey
    Participant

Hc2ca,
    I’m so sorry! It looks like my code above was modified when I pasted it in. Line 53 should look like this (remove the space between < and the ?): http://pastebin.com/p0qxA3jY

Try that and let me know if that fixes it. Thanks!

hc2ca
    Participant

Perfect, thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Great! Since it looks like you’re all sorted, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

We really appreciate your support and please let us know if you need anything else in the future. If you find yourself with a few minutes and would be so kind as to give us a “Works” rating or a positive star voting on the WordPress.org repo (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/the-events-calendar/), or even a shoutout to your followers on Facebook or Twitter, it would mean a lot to us. Thanks again for using the plugin.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable Event Image Upload’ is closed to new replies.