Disable Event Categories Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Disable Event Categories Import

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cary Bergeron
    Participant

So I read this in the help documents.

Default Event Category – If you want, you can choose an event category to be given to all your imported events. The event category will be assigned in addition to any categories that the event already has from its source, such as the categories including in some iCalendar feeds.

Is there a way to not import source event categories. Upon testing this import it seems like the categories could grow almost out of control and cause duplicate categories with similar names. For example “Family Friendly” and “Children” does need two categories and could cause confusion and additional menu options which are not needed.

Is there a way to import all events into one local category and then we sort them from there?

Cliff

Hi, Cary.

I understand this situation and have logged an internal feature request to make it easier to accomplish what you’re wanting.

At this time, the best I can do is recommend looking into one of these ways to accomplish this:

• tribe_aggregator_before_insert_event filter
    • tribe_events_update_meta action
    • save_post action

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Cary Bergeron
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Cary Bergeron
    Participant

Excellent, thank you so mush for doing that.

Cliff

You’re welcome! Have a great rest of your week.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable Event Categories Import’ is closed to new replies.