disable confirmation emails

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus disable confirmation emails

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    korinwatson
    Participant

Hello,

We have had trouble with the customers inconsistently receiving confirmation emails when they register or purchase tickets for an event. We have decided to move to Mail Chimp for this functionality, to better track open rates and such.

How do I disable the confirmation email from being sent to be sure customers aren’t getting two confirmation emails (one from wordpress and one from mailchimp)?

PS. I saw the article that says to add code to the website to achieve this but I need my hand held a little throughout that process if that’s the only way to do it.

Thank you in advance!
    Korin

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Korin,

Thanks for reaching out! I’d be happy to help with your question.

If you are using WooCommerce for your ticket sales, there are settings for when emails are sent out after a purchase.

In Events > Settings > Tickets > WooCommerce Support: When should tickets be emailed to customers? if you uncheck all of the options, no emails will be sent out.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
    Sky

korinwatson
    Participant

Thank you for your response!

This might sound crazy, but we need to disable the actual tickets email as well. See, our program is so small there is no need for us to use a ticketed system and when the ticket email comes at a random time during the payment process, it confuses our customers.

As you can see, there is no enable/disable option for the tickets email in setting as there is for all the other notification emails. How do I disable this?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

By default, our plugins only send the ticket email. If you uncheck the setting I referred to above, they should not receive an email after purchasing the ticket. The settings in your screenshot are in the WooCommerce settings, and I’m not sure why there is a separate email setting there.

If you uncheck all of the options shown above in Events > Settings > Tickets, are your customers still receiving the ticket emails?

Thanks,
    Sky

korinwatson
    Participant

Thank you for the screenshot- when I checked these settings all of mine were already unchecked! Customers still getting tickets emailed to them! Not sure how this is happening, it almost has to be through WooCommerce, right?

Get Outlook for iOShttps://aka.ms/o0ukef

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I looked deeper into this, and there is definitely something strange going on here from our end. I’ve found that there is a snippet for disabling the ticket email completely, but our settings suggest that all you need to do is uncheck all of the boxes.

We are going to follow up on this and try to make the process clearer.

In the meantime, can you try adding the following snippet to your child theme’s functions.php file or to a functionality plugin?

/* Disable tickets emails for Woo */
    add_filter( 'wootickets-tickets-email-enabled', '__return_false' );

/* Remove the message 'You'll receive your tickets in another email' from the Woo Order email */
    add_filter( 'wootickets_email_message', '__return_empty_string'

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘disable confirmation emails’ is closed to new replies.