Disable calendar view popup (tooltip)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Disable calendar view popup (tooltip)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    btellock
    Participant

I would like to disable the popup on the calendar view and add the event date and time to the title on the individual calendar day block. Is this possible? Is there some documentation on where these edits can be done? Thanks!

aling
    Participant

I know that the tooltip display for calendar view is displayed via plugins > the events calendar > views > months > single-event.php.

I tried removing this piece “data-tribejson='<?php echo tribe_events_template_data( $post );” but it didn’t seem to work so I just used the CSS and set the tooltip piece to display: none;

aling
    Participant

Perhaps you can even just take out “$post” in the data-tribejson. Not sure. Would have to play around with it. But I think that piece is how the calendar gets the data as far as the post thumbnail and link.

Casey
    Participant

btellock,
    Thanks for getting in touch! You should be able to disable the month view tooltips by adding the following CSS to your theme’s stylesheet:

.tribe-events-tooltip {
    display: none !important;
    }

Having the ‘!important’ in the style declaration should prevent it from displaying, even when the Javascript triggers it. So, give that a shot and let me know if it does the trick! Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

P.S. – Thanks for jumping in to help @aling! πŸ˜€

btellock
    Participant

Thank you both! The above CSS did the trick.
    Any ideas on how to add the event date and time to the title on the individual calendar day block?

Casey
    Participant

btellock,
    You should be able to perform a template override on ‘plugins/the-events-calendar/views/month/single-event.php’ (review our themer’s guide for instructions on template overrides), and then just modify the contents of the H3 tag at the bottom of that file to also use tribe_get_start_date().

That should get you started in the right direction. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

btellock
    Participant

I think I am good. Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Great! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://m.tri.be/lo

Thanks in advance. πŸ™‚

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable calendar view popup (tooltip)’ is closed to new replies.