Disable AJAX pagination for month views.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Disable AJAX pagination for month views.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tw2113
    Participant

Is it possible to disable loading pagination via when moving between months? We have a case of a user does a search and gets the initial results, and then paginates between months. The browser URL retains all of the $_GET parameters including the search ones, resulting in each month appearing to have the search message above it still. Would love to be able to just do a complete page refresh when clicking for the next/prev month so the $_GET params are cleared out.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi tw2113,

Sure it is possible.

Try this coding out:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/486ac10c8a7e3b246660

You will have to add that to your theme’s functions.php and comment out the 2nd and 3rd wp_dequeue_script as only the first one is needed to disable ajax on the month view.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks

tw2113
    Participant

Hi Brian, that did the trick, thanks.
    Some feedback, that I am not calling a bug, but perhaps a potentially overlooked detail. Say we have this for a url from a ran search: http://www.domain.com/events/2014-11/?tribe-bar-date=2014-11&tribe-bar-search=Search&tribe-bar-geoloc-lat=33.9835818&tribe-bar-geoloc-lng=-79.15342950000002&tribe-bar-geoloc=Location. With the month ajax still loaded, clicking the “December” link loads the December view, but since it’s all ajax powered, everything after the ? in the browser url remains. It may be worth considering clearing it all out, if possible and elegant. That way, users wouldn’t need to disable the ajax the way I did.

We’re happy and fine to do it however necessary, but it’s some feedback for a future version of the plugin.

Brian
    Keymaster

Glad it works.

I will take a look a the url query string, but I think it is necessary for the search bar to work and do the pagination correctly. I think if we cleared the query string from the url it would break the different views we have, but I will ask around and see if that is possible.

Since the original question has been resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable AJAX pagination for month views.’ is closed to new replies.