Disable 'add categories' in category metabox

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Disable 'add categories' in category metabox

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    johnpokeefe
    Participant

Hi,
    My site is populated by registered users who enter details of their events.

To enter a new event they must select at least one category – but I do not want them to able able to add categories!

I can remove this capability from the admin bar but not from the category metabox in the New Event page.

Advice please on how to disable ‘Add Categories’ for non admin users.

Many thanks,

John

Josh
    Participant

Hey John,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

For this, you can try taking advantage of the built-in  “remove_meta_box” function from WordPress and conditionally only run it if the logged-in user is not an administrator.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

johnpokeefe
    Participant

Hi Josh,
    Thank you for a rapid response – unfortunately I would appreciate more guidance.

1. I do not wish to remove the whole ‘Categories’ meta box – users must still select a category on the
    ‘New Event’ page – It is just the ‘add categories’ element in the meta box that needs to be removed.
    2. If this can only be done for all users – including admin – I can live with that.

Is it possible to identify the piece of code within The Events Calendar that adds this element – and isolate it?
    This may need to be a routine task associated with each upgrade to the plugin – but that would be OK.

Many thanks,

John

Josh
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable 'add categories' in category metabox’ is closed to new replies.