Disable ability to add new organizer

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Disable ability to add new organizer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    thinkwebie
    Participant

Hey there,
    I want to disable the ability to create a new organizer. I believe this will help keep the list of events more organised, by not having tonnes of duplicates, with users entering the name of a club/association that is already in the database that they’re not aware of.

Admin should be able to Add a new Organizer, and then they appear on the list of available ones to select.

For regular users I could have a “User Contributed” or similarly named organizer that the miscellaneous stuff could fall in to.

Can you tell me whether this is possible, and if so how?

Thanks

Barry

Hi thinkwebie,

It’s probably possible – but I suspect it’s a customization beyond what we can help you with here. Can you confirm if this relates only to The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO – or are you also using Community Events here (and if so does your question primarily pertain to that plugin)?

Thanks!

thinkwebie
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    It would relate to Community Events, since we want users to be able to submit events.

Thank you!
    Cian

Barry

Hi Cian – ok, great. What I’ll do in that case is move this across to the Community Events forum where our expert for that plugin – Casey – can help you, bearing in mind as per my last reply this may be beyond the scope of support (though Casey is the best person to advise you on this one).

Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Cian,
    Yes, this is definitely possible. You’ll want to perform a template override by copying all files/folders in ‘wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/views’ to a new directory named ‘tribe-events’ in your theme directory.

After copying all of those files, open up the following: ‘YOUR_THEME_DIR/tribe-events/commmunity/modules/organizer.php’.

That’s where all of the code for displaying the organizer fields resides, and where you’ll make your customizations.

Actually making the customizations for you is beyond the scope of our support, but this should get you pointed in the right direction.

Just let me know if you have further questions! Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable ability to add new organizer’ is closed to new replies.