Disable 768px Stylesheet

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Disable 768px Stylesheet

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Hi there.

I do not want the styles that are provided by the media tags affecting max-width 768px.

I am using the tribe-events styles, on the default events template.

How can I remove those styles to continue using the desktop styles?

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out again!

In order to disable the responsive styles, you can remove the breakpoint where the styles switch over for smaller devices.  In order to do that, you can follow along in the Themer’s Guide.  I know I linked to this document in our last response, but here it is again, just in case: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

The section called, “Responsive Templates” can walk you through how to remove the breakpoints, so that you can continue to use the desktop styles.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Daniel
    Participant

I am confused.

You can’t have PHP in a CSS file. So where is the PHP file that has the function tribe_events_mobile_breakpoint at?

Hi Daniel,

You have the option to either alter the CSS mobile styles yourself, or you can remove responsive styles altogether by adding the following into your theme’s functions.php file:
    add_filter( 'tribe_events_kill_responsive', '__return_true');

To alter the CSS stylesheets, you can follow the guide here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/#responsive

I hope this helps to provide some clarity for you.  Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Daniel
    Participant

Is this the functions.php in my theme folder? Otherwise, where is functions.php?

Hi Daniel,

Yes, it is in your theme folder.  The path is wp-content/themes/your-theme/functions.php.  Let me know if you need any further clarification and let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Daniel
    Participant

Hi there, one last question, can that PHP code be put anywhere in that file? Or does it need to be in a specific function?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Daniel.

Hi Daniel,

You can add in the code right after the initial <?php in your functions.php file.  Let me know if anything else comes up!

Daniel
    Participant

Works great! Thanks.

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable 768px Stylesheet’ is closed to new replies.