Directory

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jay
    Participant

Hi,

Is there any way to add a business directory from Events Calendar Pro?

Jay

George
    Participant

Hey Jay,

Can you clarify what you mean here? If you’re trying to pull data from events into a separate page or something like that, it’s indeed possible – however, it will likely take custom coding which we don’t offer support for here.

But elaborate on what you mean here and I can happily offer as much advice as possible.

Thank you!
    George

Jay
    Participant

We wanted to display a list of categories like:

Restaurants
    Health & Fitness
    Coffee

Then, local businesses would be able to be accessed through the business directory.

Is the events calendar, just events?

Jay

Ramon
    Participant

You could obtain the Directory theme and Tevolution plugins that come with it from Templatic.com. However I have discovered they don’t really work together on a homepage. Once I have business listings listed through a widget, the Event Listing widget from Events Calendar Pro stays empty. If I switch them around, it works again. However, this way I can never have the business directory in the main and the events listing in the side bar. The side bar will just stay empty…

A darn pity, because I paid for both.

George
    Participant

Hey Jay,

The Events Calendar is indeed just events. You can have Event Categories, and link to those category archive pages, but having a “business directory” is sounding like something quite separate from this functionality.

I’m sorry to disappoint about that.

Ramon – I’m sorry to hear about your issues with the Events widget on your site. That is likely because of a code conflict from the theme or another plugin. If you’d like to troubleshoot this with us, definitely open up a new thread here on the forums.

For now, I will close up this particular thread since, unfortunately Jay, our plugins do not generate or specifically integrate with a “Business Directory” set of features.

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Directory’ is closed to new replies.