Different styles in Month Overview depending on category OR how to enter Custom

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Different styles in Month Overview depending on category OR how to enter Custom

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anders
    Participant

cont. of title: OR how to enter Custom National Holidays annotations?

Hi,

is it possible to apply different styling to events depending on the category or tag that the events have?

My use case is this: For a church site I am working on they would like the ability to designate certain days as special days: for example Ascension Day. Another use case would be to have the calendar display national holidays or simliar things. These events aren’t really events, more like notes about certain dates, and ideally there would be a way to just enter them as notes or something tied to a specific date. But until that happens, maybe I can get around it by adding them all to a specific category and applying some custom styling to that category only? Or do you have any other suggestions for how to deal with this in a smart way?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can try to help you get started on this.

is it possible to apply different styling to events depending on the category or tag that the events have?

It is possible with some customization, which we can try to help you get started on, but cannot provide all the coding.

You can use the body class to add a unique class to the html:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/body_class

Then you can use that class to style those events differently.

That class could be the name of the Event Category as well.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Anders
    Participant

Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific:

Is there a way to add custom styling to events in the Month view?

The body class you mentioned would add a specific class to the body tag in the HTML, correct? That’s not what I am looking for.

Brian
    Keymaster

It is similar to what I describe above, you could do it by editing the month templates we have our themer’s guide to help show you where the templates are and where to move to your theme to edit:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Different styles in Month Overview depending on category OR how to enter Custom’ is closed to new replies.