Different default views for mobile vs desktop

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Different default views for mobile vs desktop

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Graphic
    Participant

Hello,

Is there a setting in ECP that allows us to choose one default view for desktop and another default view for mobile? If we choose ‘month’ as our default desktop view, we cannot see any events in the calendar on smaller mobile screens. In this case, we’d want to choose list or photo view for mobile instead.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can help out here.

I have this snippet, which you can add to your theme’s functions.php to redirect the month view to the list view:

https://gist.github.com/jesseeproductions/fc21ce52314f31dc230b

It detects mobile devices using WordPress’s wp_is_mobile so that does include all tablets.

Let me know if that works out.

Thanks

Graphic
    Participant

Thanks Brian, that works great. Is there a way to exclude the venue info from displaying?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad that helped.

Not sure where you want to exclude the venue information, but you can follow the themer’s guide and remove the venue areas on any of the event templates:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Cheers

Graphic
    Participant

I was hoping to exclude the venue from mobile view only, but managed to alter with CSS. Thanks again for your help.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am glad to see you were able to figure it out.

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Different default views for mobile vs desktop’ is closed to new replies.