Differenitating Ticket Sales

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Differenitating Ticket Sales

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Boehner

Hi,

I have a pre-order question. We are interested in using events calendar (perhaps pro) and events ticket plus to sell tickets for a yoga studio that does event’s/service that are recurring and date based so the ticket format would work well along with the calendar listings.

Some of these offering may be available for a month and a half before starting again and we are wondering how best to differentiate the tickets and attendees sold for those events. I know the product doesn’t currently support ticketing with recurring events.

The clients original thought was simply to be able to go into the event and update the dates, but this would mean new and old tickets and attendees list would combined ( I assume ). Do we need to create a separate or duplicate event to keep ticket sales separate or can we simply remove the old tickets and add new ones ( we assume thats not possible as it would loose the records of the old ticket sales )?

Any help you could give would be appreciated.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Patrick,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You’re correct in that Tickets aren’t supported for recurring events. There are a couple of options that you could pursue here. You could create tickets with titles for each of the dates of the event on the ticket. You could then have them removed from the events after the date has passed.

Alternatively, you could look at duplicator plugins like you mention above as a starting point and then customizing dates for the events and any other information.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Patrick Boehner

Hi Josh,

Thanks for getting back to me.

In your first example would removing a date specific ticket that people had purchases remove the sales records and attendee history?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Patrick,

That is a good question. If you deleted the ticket, the associated information would be lost. As an alternative, you could do a little bit of custom development there to hide tickets after the date that they have been created for.

Thanks!

Patrick Boehner

Ok thats what I thought.

Since our situation is not exactly a calendar one (they are events but are more on the side of services) we went ahead and purchased the pro ticket plugin and will use it with our custom post type and duplicate events/services when needed to keep the records straight.

Thanks for you your response.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Patrick,

Sounds like a good solution.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now.If you have any further questions about Event Tickets Plus, please don’t hesitate to reach out in our forums.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Differenitating Ticket Sales’ is closed to new replies.