Details in "Find Out More"

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Details in "Find Out More"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    drnicki
    Participant

Hi folks,
    New here to The Events Calendar. I am using the List View, basic not Pro. Is there a way to see more details on my event when clicking “find out more” and at the same time not make those details visible on the front list page of the events. Seems redundant to have it show 2x. I like the simplicity of the list view but would like to include more detail when viewers click “find out more.” Thanks much!

Casey
    Participant

drnicki,
    Thanks for reaching out! Yes, you can edit the ‘List View’ template by performing a template override on the list.php file and customizing the code to remove the items that you don’t want to display. Take a look at that tutorial that I linked to, and let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

drnicki
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. I did read the tutorial and it may be a bit beyond my WP skills at this time. I do have someone that helps me with this so I can get his assistance. I just want to make sure though… before I bring him on.

You are saying that I can have more description on the event when clicking “find out more.” At the same time in list view, not seeing that full description… just the name of the event, date etc. Right now that description shows up in both areas.

Thanks much,
    Dr. Nicki

Casey
    Participant

drnicki,
    I’m not quite sure I understand what you’re asking. Currently, when the user clicks ‘View More’ they’re taken to an Event Detail page where they can view all the information about the event (map/location, cost, phone number, etc). Is that not what you’re wanting? Are you wanting to include more information in the list view?

drnicki
    Participant

Casey,
    I want all that info there when they click “view more.”
    I am speaking about entering a description in the text editor box to explain what the event is all about. Let’s say a short paragraph… I want that visible when clicking “view more” but not visible on my event page list view which I like as the default. I don’t want that descriptive paragraph seen until you click “view more.” Make sense? Possible?

Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

drnicki,
    Yes, something like this is definitely possible with some custom code from your developer. They’ll just need to perform the template override as I described above, and then make the necessary code changes for your desired functionality.

Hope that helps answer your question! Thanks!

drnicki
    Participant

Great thanks. I will get his help.
    Appreciate it,
    Dr. Nicki

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set here, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Details in "Find Out More"’ is closed to new replies.