Desperate help on CSS

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Desperate help on CSS

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    finleydesign
    Participant

Please could anyone look at http://www.rockbakehouse.co.uk/class/two-tier-cake-decorating-2/ and tell me how I can get the Venue name over to the right with CSS, anything I try and do seems to effect every field

Patti
    Participant

What happens if you put a clear:both under the meta box?

Patti
    Participant

I’m sorry, I may not have been clear enough. see this:
    http://pastebin.com/81D5FhAF

finleydesign
    Participant

Sorry I have gone through every folder and file in the plugin, where is single-view.php

Patti
    Participant

My mistake, apologies. The file is single-event.php inside of themes/(your-theme-name)/tribe-events which I’m assuming you’re using. If you’re not using that to customize your page, then see this page on how to get the file in the folder I mentioned above. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

finleydesign
    Participant

Ok so I kind of found it, it didn’t work where you said, but I tried it in different places and now have a look, its moved the venue over correctly just now the top parts gone out of line

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Finleydesign,

You would generally use paddings and margins to correct cropping issues like that. I am actually not seeing the issue on my browser, but since everyone’s browser is different that is not surprising.

There are some problems with the current CSS layout techniques, and you are going to face quite a few issues as time goes. One example is if you adjust the size of your browser window so that it is small, or simply view this on a mobile phone, you will see overlapping content everywhere. Your footer navigation is not appearing in the right place on  my screen, and it will not on many peoples. Furthermore, on other venue pages as content grows or shrinks things will be positioned wrong, and might even overlap. To truly fix all this you would need to rewrite the modifications from scratch using different techniques. If you are not experienced enough in CSS to do that, you might consider hiring someone who is.

Best of luck! I hope the rest of the site goes smooth.

– Brook

finleydesign
    Participant

I think the biggest issue as I see it, is all the event data hasn’t been given it’s own CSS styling, as what you do with one effects the entire list, everything you do to say Venue title, effects all the data above or am I miss-reading something

Patti
    Participant

Venue data does have styling, looking at your source code, it is styled on your page. You can overwrite that in your theme css file.

BTW – the site is really nice! Love the look & the subject!

Patti
    Participant

One more time … META DATA does have styling.
    (Ugh. If I could just edit my posts)

finleydesign
    Participant

I disagree, have a go yourself, try and change say the venue block without any changes effecting the Organizer or Details block, everything you do to one effects the others

finleydesign
    Participant

Ok I sussed it out

Brook
    Participant

They are definitely similar, but we do try and provide a unique class for each. For instance the class ‘tribe-events-meta-group-other’ will only apply to the other box. But, it looks like you got it working as you want. Very glad to hear that!

Thank you Patti for helping out.

I am closing this topic since you got it working. Thanks for posting, finleydesign.

– Brook

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Desperate help on CSS’ is closed to new replies.