Help Desk

Design Issues

Hi,
    This is a really bad design issue… I can’t even read what’s checked off now.

Also Google Maps API for Events stopped working for me.. I saw in other threads that it’s a bug that is already known of.

But this design issue is awkward and probably should be fixed also…

This reply has been marked as private.

Good evening Joanna,

Thank you for the additional info.

I have found the cause of the design issue.
    What is going on is that the stylesheet of another plugin is interfering with the proper display of the admin are for the Events Calendar.

More specifically the competing plugin is WP user front-end.

Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

.tribe-field-wrap .tooltip {
    position: relative !important;
    width: auto !important;
    background: transparent !important;
    }

As for the Google Maps API issue, it looks like you have made some progress (even though it is not working yet). Kudos!
    The authorization issue is gone.

With that in mind, there are 2 things to try from this point on:

1. You could tweak and apply the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/ca3baf77c9be8b72f37db10c7c91783b#file-functions-php

But first to be extra safe, before making any changes to your functions.php file, you should make a backup of that file.

2. You could try editing the venue tied to a single event and make sure the latitude + longitude checkboxes are used. Sometimes that works.

You might have to reach out to your theme author to know what the name of the Google Maps API function they are using is (to tweak the snippet).

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘Design Issues’ is closed to new replies.