design clone

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO design clone

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    accessrose
    Participant

im interested in using the calendar design from http://demo.cactusthemes.com/#gameplan
    to use with my theme. I love the way they used the events plugin with the theme but it really doesn’t work for my site so i had to purchase another theme but i still want the same look for my events. any help?

accessrose
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

So essentially you want the calendar “look and feel” of Gameplan but in the context of your existing theme?

It’s definitely possible to make it appear however you would like, through a combination of template overrides and custom CSS and our Themer’s Guide outlines the basics of this.

Theoretically you could copy across the custom tribe-events templates from one theme to another (and the CSS) but I can’t guarantee it would “just work”: their templates may use custom functions that don’t exist in the target theme and the CSS may use selectors that are invalid if the templates are copied across verbatim.

There’s certainly no reason though you couldn’t study Gameplan’s templates and CSS and try porting it across: I’d anticipate you having to make some changes here and there but that’s what theming is all about 🙂

Good luck!

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘design clone’ is closed to new replies.