Description text is all running together in the list view.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Description text is all running together in the list view.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike Smull
    Participant

Why does all of the text run together in the list view of the calendar? It looks awful. Do we have to use excerpt text to replace it? Our calendar is below. Especially the Featured Event which has more text.
    http://www.shanthiproject.org/events/list/?tribe_paged=2&tribe_event_display=list

Also, how do I get the featured event to show and stay sticky on my home page with the calendar widget? I’d ideally like this to be at the top of the list view as well.

George
    Participant

Hey @bigpixelstudio,

For the most part, I was not able to find issues of list-view event text being all run-in together. Here’s a screenshot showing what I found, for example (click for a larger-sized image):

When it comes to the specific page you linked to, this is a very weird page—I cannot access this myself just by clicking through the site, only by going directly to the URL you provide here.

1. If the page you linked me to is just an example of one of the many pages of the “List View” of your main events calendar, then how do you get to this page? What I mean is, as noted above, if I go to http://www.shanthiproject.org/events/list/ directly and click “Previous Events” and “Next Events” to page through all of the events, I cannot every get to a page that looks like it does in your direct link.

2. You mention using “excerpt text” for the page you linked me to. Can you please share a screenshot of where you can enter such “excerpt text” in the wp-admin of your site? If the page you linked me to has an “edit” screen in the admin, for example, where you can enter excerpt text, then can you please take a screenshot of this admin page and share that here? You can do so by uploading the screenshots to this thread. If you have issues with that, you can upload to Imgur.com, Flickr.com, CloudUp.com, or any similar image-hosting site; then just share the links to those images here and I’ll take a look.

Thank you!
    George

George
    Participant

In your second question, you ask this:

Also, how do I get the featured event to show and stay sticky on my home page with the calendar widget? I’d ideally like this to be at the top of the list view as well.

Featured Events do not stick to the top of List views — there is unfortunately no way to have any event stick to the top of List views at this time, which included the widget.

Sorry to disappoint!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Description text is all running together in the list view.’ is closed to new replies.