Deprecated PHP error in latest update 4.6.7 of The Events Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Deprecated PHP error in latest update 4.6.7 of The Events Calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

PHP Notice: /home/wdc_events/events.stcwdc.org/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/deprecated/TribeEvents.php is deprecated since version 3.10! Use Tribe__Events__Main instead. in /home/wdc_events/events.stcwdc.org/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3966

Note: Since this is a code error I have not tested with other plugins off or themes.

The wp-includes/functions.php file is a WordPress core file and line 3966 just says }else{ in a function for deprecated file triggers. Apparently something in The Events Calendar plugin triggered this notice because something needs to be updated to use Tribe__Events__Main. I am surprised the plugin has been using whatever the deprecated code is since version 3.10.

I have no idea how to fix it since the particular error is not identified and the line it is on hasn’t been identified. Is a fix for this coming out soon or can it be fixed in a child theme until the next update?

Also, it took me a long time to be able to finish writing this up because when I’d start, a drop-down screen would cover the description box with lettering in white that was readable “Perhaps you might find your answer here” followed by several barely visible lines in pale blue on a dark gray background that I can’t read. I did try to click on one at random and it went back to a gripe from about four years ago from someone who complained that the support answer to a PHP deprecated notice was to just turn off the error reporting and go on using the deprecated code that was making his website look terrible with no information about how to fix it so his website worked better. That wasn’t of any help at all and I wondered why it was thought I might find it helpful. I kept clicking on the light gray link at the bottom of the screen that was supposed to let me continue my report but I couldn’t stop the drop-down from continuously dropping down until I was able to finally shock it with a hard click on the link that was supposed to let me continue with the support description and that seemed to lock it in place so I could continue writing. Suggestions: Use contrasting colors in your messages and links so we can read them on a dark background, and stop the continuous drop-down screen when we click on the “continue” link. White, bright yellow, or bright violet work best with a dark gray background. See attached. What you are using causes eye strain.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Cynthia Lockley. Reason: added "not" after "is"
    Patricia

Hey Cynthia,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

This PHP notice is informing that you are running a deprecated class, TribeEvents, in one of your active plugins or custom plugin.

The odd thing here is: I got this same error in my own local install as well, yesterday, but other team members were not able to reproduce. I’ve just destroyed and rebuilt my own local install and will monitor the error log from now on to check. I’ll contact you as soon as I have more info on this.

Regarding your feedback about our ticket submission form, thanks! I’ll forward your request/suggestion to our front-end developers so they can take a look.

If you have any other questions in the meantime, please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Cynthia Lockley
    Participant

Patricia,
    Hi. In a way, I’m glad to hear that you found the same error in your setup so it is somehow reproducible for you. Thank you for looking into it and hope you can find what the problem is. Happy holidays.

Cynthia

Patricia

Hi Cynthia,

Since when I created a fresh/new WordPress install on Dec 14th, this error didn’t show up in my debug.php log anymore, which makes me believe that I had a custom code or an extension throwing this error before.

To get started, could you please access your theme’s directory and check if you have a tribe-events directory in there? If you do, please temporarily rename it to something else like _tribe-events and check if the error is gone after that.

Thanks and happy holidays!!

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Deprecated PHP error in latest update 4.6.7 of The Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.