deprecated functions in docs

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions deprecated functions in docs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    simon beasley

hi, I am researching your plugins with a view to possibly using them on the leicester college websites. however, i would need a lot of hooks and function to customise them, integrate with wp-cli and control via shell commands triggered by cron jobs. i had a look through your docs and there are not many functions / hooks / filters, and most of them have been marked as deprecated. does your documentation need updating? i dont want to use deprecated functions as my code needs to be as future proofed as possible, so taht doean’t leave much functionaily, please advise, simon

Geoff

Hi Simon, thanks for reaching out! Hope you had a great weekend. 🙂

Great question. There are definitely many functions in our documentation that are deprecated — we keep those around for folks who are using older versions of the plugin but they have no bearing on the latest versions.

For what it’s worth, our documentation is automatically updated with each release. That means everything you see there is definitely up to date.

If you had any questions about the right or best functions to use, that’s something we would definitely be happy to help with once you have your license. We’re here to support you and would be happy to.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

simon

hi, thanks for your reply. obviously I am not interested in reading through the deprecated functions and filters so I was expecting to see links to the new functions that have replaced those that are deprecated. I don’t have a specific issue / functionality to discussed as we would be heavily customising the plugin and creating an interface that communicates with several other plugins. Its hard to assess the quality and adaptability of your plugin when the majority of the functions are deprecated, thanks, simon

Geoff

Hey Simon,

Thanks for following up and for the feedback as well. I understand that the docs could be organized better and that’s something we’ll definitely consider looking into.

If you have any doubts about the quality of the plugin, you can certainly raise them here and I’d be happy to help as best I can. Also, The Events Calendar is a completely free plugin and you can open up the core files to inspect the quality of the code as well. We do try to make all our plugins as flexible and extensible as possible and I think you would find the same thing to be true in working with it.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘deprecated functions in docs’ is closed to new replies.