Demo Q & How to Disable Plugin on Venue View
Hi Modern Tribe Guys,
I am very excited to start using Events Calendar PRO and I just have a couple of questions!
1. Is there any sort of demo site where I could see what each type of page is supposed to look like? My venue pages look a little funky & I would love to have something to compare visually.
2. I have a “Related Posts” plugin and I can’t figure out how to stop it from working on the custom post types, so it’ showing up on venue pages (and probably events pages once I make one). Any ideas?
Thanks! I appreciate any help you can give!
Hi Lauren! Thanks for the note. Happy to help on these.
1. We’re going to hold off until we get 2.0.1 out the door before we put up the demo site; inevitably, on launch we got flooded with bug reports and some of those were fairly critical. We’re working through those and pushing for a 2.0.1 release very soon. At that point, we’ll include it on a test page at this site where you can check out how the finished product is supposed to look. But that being said…if you send me a link to your site, I can take a look to see if I have any suggestions off the bat.
2. What’s the plugin called? Not sure I can offer up much support but I can take a quick look at that one too.
Feel free to follow-up with any other questions you may have!
Hi Rob, thanks so much for answering me so quickly! I really appreciate it.
1. I believe it! That seems to be more logical, to hold off. I’ve got the calendar working right (re-styled to match theme), it’s setup here: http://www.wpbeventhall.com/events
Here is a venue page I setup, I feel that it’s aligned oddly. This is what I wanted to compare to a demo: http://www.wpbeventhall.com/venue/bradley-suite
2. You can see the plugin working on the URL I just mentioned – It is called Contextual Related Posts. I have attempted to seek support for the plugin alone, but the forums have closed and I am not getting any response to emails. I know this probably isn’t in your realm of support, but thought I’d ask. There is no setting to exclude posts or post types, only pages or posts!
Thanks so much again and I’ll definitely be lurking around in case I have any more issues! The plugin seems awesome, btw! It was the only one that met all of our needs.
Thanks for the follow-up, Lauren. Regarding the messed up frontend venue page: that’s definitely a legit bug, and I was able to recreate it on my end. We’re working to get it fixed for either 2.0.1 or 2.0.2, both of which should be released over the next couple weeks here.
Wish I could offer up more regarding the secondary plugin that is creating the related post content (seeing the issue you noted at that link), but that’s sadly outside my area of expertise. Maybe email the creator of that plugin directly? If he needs to know the tags we’re using to call event data, I can get that over to him as needed if it’d help resolve your conflict here.
Let me know if you need anything else on this front.