Deleting reoccurring events imported from Google calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Deleting reoccurring events imported from Google calendar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Hello all,
    I’ve got TEC and TEC Pro installed on my client’s site, which imports from my client’s Google calendar account.

My client sets up recurring events in the calendar, then deletes from googling the ones the don’t want (because of weekends, schedule changes, etc.).

I’m finding that while the import of all the dates works as expected, but if my clients deleted events in the google calendar that deletion isn’t always represented in TEC. as a result, we have to go into TEC on the website to ignore the unwanted dates.

My question is this – does the import remove dates in addition to adding/updating?

Thanks,
    Stephanie

Cliff

Hi, Stephanie. Thanks for your detailed question.

Event Aggregator reads each Google Calendar’s iCal file and therefore is a one-way import. When an event is imported but then no longer in the import file upon next check, no, it doesn’t assume it should be deleted/hidden from wp-admin as well.

I believe you’re requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/15047292-option-to-remove-events-not-present-in-a-reimporte

Please do add your vote there.

This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

Thank you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Deleting reoccurring events imported from Google calendar’ is closed to new replies.