Deleting event on Google Calendar does not remove it from Events Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Deleting event on Google Calendar does not remove it from Events Calendar

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Bryan.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bryan
    Participant

I recently upgraded to 4.4.4. I now notice that when I delete an event from my Google Calendar, the item is not removed on my site (Events Calendar) at the next sync.

I have tried letting the scheduled job run. I have tried manually kicking off a sync. Neither seems to work.

I have my Update Authority set to: Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source.

Can you confirm this on your side?

Barry

Hi Bryan,

This is, as I understand it, intentional.

Most data sources we import from change over time, but the fact that event ceases to be listed generally is not a guarantee that it has been deleted or removed.

For that reason, it’s generally also required for you to delete any such events locally.

Michael
    Participant

I just read this after taking our new site live. So what you are saying is the only way to remove an item in the Events Calendar after it has been deleted in a Google Calendar is to manually delete the event on my site? I really hope there is an alternative because duplicating this work doesn’t make sense for my business.

Barry

Hi Michael,

At this time that is correct: as above, the fact that an event is not included in a calendar feed isn’t always a reliable indicator that the event has been deleted.

You can certainly add your support for what you have requested by up-voting the following feature request, though, which seems to describe the same thing as you are seeking:

tribe.uservoice.com: automatically remove events not present in the same feed

Though it’s been marked as ‘completed’ that appears to have been in error and we’ll review that status in due course.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Deleting event on Google Calendar does not remove it from Events Calendar’ is closed to new replies.