Deleting Custom Fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Deleting Custom Fields

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    Participant

Hey guys,
    I added a custom Field with the Events Calendar PRO and I had to find out that I cannot remove any of the Custom fields. The Remove link beside the field does not work and I think it does not trigger any Javascript functions either.

Is there any way to delete a Custom Field from within the database? If so can you tell me how to do it?

Barry

Hi Tim, sounds like some kind of problem is afoot. Just to clarify, if you click the Remove link does absolutely nothing happen or do you get the alert window displaying the following text:

Are you sure you wish to remove this field and its data from all events? Once you click OK this cannot be undone.

Can you also confirm which version of The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO you are using? Something you could try is following our standard troubleshooting steps:

• Deactivate all other plugins except for The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO
    • Change your theme to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Eleven or Twenty Ten
    • See if you can now remove additional fields
    • If you can, reactivate everything one-by-one, testing at each stage, until you (hopefully!) uncover the conflict

It certainly is something that should work, there ought to be no need to edit the database directly.

Tim
    Participant

Hey Barry,
    thanks for your help. It does absolutely nothing.
    It is not possible to deactivate all plugins by now, because the site is live. Will do that on a copy probably.

Meanwhile: Is there any way to do this within the database?

Thanks
    Tim

Barry

There is indeed. This shouldn’t be a problem if you are comfortable working with MySQL and PHP but just for the benefit of anyone else coming across this thread, please don’t try this unless you know what you are doing!

You can find the relevant entries within the WordPress options table – the option name is tribe_events_calendar_options – be aware that this particular option value contains serialized PHP, so particular care is required when editing this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Deleting Custom Fields’ is closed to new replies.