Deleting Attendees?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Deleting Attendees?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’ve been reading through the posts in this forum and it seems there is currently no way to actually delete attendees if someone changes their tickets, refunds, etc. YIKES!

Is there ANY workaround or method we can use NOW? We’re using this for a run of a week of performances…and we will have cancellations, exchanges, etc. that we need a way to deal with before going live in a few weeks.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Barry

Manual reconcilliation is going to be the surest way, currently, but you could probably also purge attendees from the database – however I’d caution that you would definitely need to be confident in terms of MySQL skills and would strongly advise making frequent backups if you try that.

What I can tell you is that the next release introduces measures that ought to address this for most use cases.

Chris
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    We use cpanel and I’ve tinkered around in the web-based MySQL admin tool, so I don’t mind going in to do that if the organization needs me to. I do have a backup plugin running on our site. Can you give please give me steps of where/how to delete them from the attendee list?

And for exchanging, would you recommend we go into WooCommerce and just DELETE the previous product(ticket) they ordered on their record, and then add in another show if they are exchanging? From what I’ve seen it appears manually adding a product that is a ticket in WooTickets also adds them into the attendee list in WooTickets, yes?

Since we WILL have this need in just a few weeks, we need to create a workflow that we can use now (before your next release fixes this issue) so the attendee list/orders stay correct for all our shows.

Thanks again for the quick & helpful replies…

Chris 🙂

Chris
    Participant

One correction from what I typed above: “From what I’ve seen it appears manually adding a product that is a ticket in WOOCOMMERCE also adds them into the attendee list in WooTickets, yes?

Barry

Can you give please give me steps of where/how to delete them from the attendee list?

Basically, note the ticket number (not the order number) for the ticket you wish to remove. This corresponds to an entry in the posts table with the same ID – as a confidence check you could make sure it has a post_type of tribe_wooticket.

If you want to be thorough you should also remove corresponding entries in the post meta table (those where the post ID column is also as per the ticket ID).

Similarly, you could also delete the related orders via WooCommerce if it makes sense to do so.

And for exchanging, would you recommend we go into WooCommerce and just DELETE the previous product(ticket) they ordered on their record, and then add in another show if they are exchanging?

Yes, certainly give it a try.

From what I’ve seen it appears manually adding a product that is a ticket in WOOCOMMERCE also adds them into the attendee list in WooTickets, yes?

Yes, it should.

Remember: if you have any doubts – or simply want to be safe – do take the time to make a complete backup and also familiarize yourself with the process for restoring that backup … and good luck 🙂

Barry

I’ll go ahead and close this since there hasn’t been any follow-up in quite a while – of course feel free to create new threads as needed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Deleting Attendees?’ is closed to new replies.