Deleted tickets not updating shared capacity available tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Deleted tickets not updating shared capacity available tickets

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Kathy
    Participant

Having an issue with the available inventory not updating when we delete a ticket. This is only happening with tickets that have shared capacity. We are trashing the ticket in woocommerce and then going into the event and deleting the ticket from there but the inventory for available tickets is not updating.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Kathy!

I’m sorry to here that you’re having issues with the ticket stock. I will try to help you get this sorted.

Can you tell me if there were tickets purchased already when you deleted the ticket? If so, were the purchased tickets from the deleted tickets, or just the tickets that are shared?

Thanks,
    Sky

Kathy
    Participant

This event has not been sold out so we are only talking about available inventory. Originally 4 ticket types sharing 50 available tickets. There are currently 10 showing on the attendee list but the available tickets to the public is showing 26 available and it should be showing 40 available.
    In the TOUR DETAILS in Admin it shows Total Tickets Sold: 24, Complete: 14, Deleted Attendees: 17
    So I have 2 issues. The first one is the number of available tickets is not updating when we delete a ticket and the second issue is its showing 14 complete but only 10 are showing on the attendees list.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks for the additional information.

I’m still not exactly clear on the steps you took that lead to this situation. Am I right in understanding that you deleted a ticket that people had already purchased?

Can you provide a screenshot of both the Tickets settings in the event, and the “Attendees” page for that ticket?

Thanks,
    Sky

Kathy
    Participant

Yes, we deleted 18 tickets but the available inventory is not reflecting that the deleted tickets are now available again. This is only an issue for tours that have shared-capacity tickets. All our other tours automatically add the tickets back into inventory after we delete them. Screen shots attached.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks for providing the screenshots.

It seems that the problem with the capacity is actually a known issue that is being worked on. I cannot provide a timeline for when the fix will be pushed out, but I am going to add this thread to the bug ticket. As soon as the fix is released, someone will follow back up with you here to make sure that part is resolved.

As to the difference in attendees, it’s kind of hard to tell what’s going on with all the different variables here. Is it possible that the four missing attendees were among the 18 that were deleted?

Thanks,
    Sky

Kathy
    Participant

while we are waiting for a fix, how do I edit the available inventory number so it shows correctly to the public and we can sell the correct number of tickets? I tried to edit one of the tickets to increase the number but it wont let me.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Can you try something for me? Try editing the tickets and saving without actually changing anything. This has been reported to correct the stock in other cases. You may have to do this to each ticket since they are sharing capacity, but see if just saving one does the job for all of them.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,
    Sky

Kathy
    Participant

Nope.  Didn’t work.  Bummer.

Kathy Allen

Greenlight Websites

207-200-4126

[email protected]

GoGreenLight.ME
    Get Greenlight Connected:
    Website Design ~ Hosting ~ Managed WordPress ~ SEO ~ Spam Filtering ~ Domain Registration ~ Social Media Management

Sky
    Keymaster

Kathy,

I’m sorry to hear that that didn’t work for you. The only other thing I can think to suggest as a workaround would be to close the purchase timeframe for the existing tickets, and create new ones to replace, but with the correct capacity.

Does that work in your case?

Thanks,
    Sky

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kathy!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Bridget
    Participant

I am also having the same issue so I updated my site today to the latest version of Events Tickets and Events Tickets Plus: 4.7.4, and also The Events Calendar: 4.6.19 and The Events Calendar PRO: 4.4.28.

I have an event with two ticket types and shared capacity. I have Total Event Capacity: 16, with 5 sold so 11 noted as remaining. I deleted two tickets, but it still shows 11 Remaining of shared capacity. It should say 13 remaining because I only have 3 attendees now.

I have tried resaving without changing both tickets and the ticket settings, but it had no effect.

Did the updates fix your site Kathy?

Sky
    Keymaster

Bridget,

Do you also have a ticket created for this issue? If not, it may help to create your own ticket so we can track how many people are being affected by the issue.

Kathy,

Did this update solve your issues with this?

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Deleted tickets not updating shared capacity available tickets’ is closed to new replies.